The night before:
- Pack a lunch, snacks, and beverages. No breakable containers allowed. No alcohol or firearms.
- Purchase necessary items the evening prior to your trip, time is limited in the morning.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, consult your physician or pharmacist to find out options.
- Choose appropriate clothing. It is suggested that you dress in layers to stay warm and dry. Be prepared for a variety of weather conditions.
- Consider bringing a sunscreen, camera, binoculars, and motion sickness medication if needed.
The morning of your trip:
- Check in at the Front Desk at 6 am and pay for your trip.
- Rates are based on rank of sponsor. Please have your military ID card ready.
- Purchase a fishing license if needed. All passengers (16 and older) must have a valid fishing license.
- Go from Front Desk to Seabolt Hall for boat assignment from Dispatcher.
- 6:15 - 6:30 am: Shuttle to dock from Seabolt Hall as a group with your deckhand.
- Board fishing vessel and receive safety briefing.
During your trip:
- Expect typically a 3 hour trip to and from fishing grounds.
- Water and coffee are provided on boat.
- There is a head (restroom) on each boat which is designed to manage human waste products and marine toilet paper only. Any other products must be disposed of in the provided trash receptacle.
- You may fish for a variety of deep sea species which may include: halibut, ling cod (after July 1st) and other species.
- No guarantees that you will catch a fish, but we'll sure do our best to see you have a great day on the water!
- Any halibut caught may receive an identification tag. Please coordinate with your crew if you would like an identifying mark on other species.
After your trip:
- Return to dock
- Take shuttle back to resort Fish House
- Fish will be brought back to the resort in totes.
- It is highly recommended you wait for the fish to arrive and claim your fish immediately. Seward Resort cannot be responsible for unattended fish.
Processing your catch:
- Fillet knives are provided at no extra cost from the Supply Office next to the Fish Houses. Plastic wrap and butcher paper are also available.
- Vacuum bags are available for purchase at the front desk for use with our commercial grade vacuum sealers. No other bags may be used with our vacuum sealers.
- All registered guests may be issued space in the freezer at no charge. Please see Supply for an assigned freezer space. The freezer, Fish Houses and Supply are open until 11 pm daily, Memorial Day - Labor Day.
- If you depart prior to your fish being shipped, you may rent freezer space for $5 per day.
- Fish packing boxes are available at Supply for purchase at the front desk.
- You may ship your fish via FedEx Monday through Thursday (except holidays). Weight of fish may be determined at Supply and freight expense may be paid for at the front desk during office hours.
- Seward Resort cannot be responsible for inaccurate addresses, weather delays or other acts of nature, fish that is thawed when it arrives, fish that is lost, stolen, or damaged in transit or any other circumstance which is beyond the control of the Seward Resort.
| Reservations: (907) 224-5559 / 2659 / 2654 or (800) 770-1858
Appearance of commercial advertising does not imply endorsement by the U.S. Army or Department of Defense
2016© Seward Resort Seward, Alaska Design and hosting by Alaska Web Designs, LLC